How to Get It
Polar Connection is an experimental app meant to explore the feasibility of playing a four-in-a-row game on a circular grid. It is currently beta software, which means that it may be a bit rough around the edges, and there is some additional functionality that I hope to implement in the future. That said, it’s intended to be fully playable in it’s current state, so I hope you enjoy it!
Note: You need to have a computer running macOS 13.0 or higher in order to play this game!
- Version 0.5.4 (2023-08-14)
- Testing has revealed that the app is unusable in macOS 12, so it has been updated to only launch in macOS 13.0 or higher.
- Version 0.5.3 (2023-08-07)
- More code cleanup and optimization, including a couple plugged memory leaks
- Version 0.5.2 (2023-08-07)
- Bug fixes and code cleanup/modernization/optimization
- Version 0.5.1 (2023-08-06)
- Fixed architectural errors that led to undesired behavior when attempting to revert to previous versions of game documents.
- Fixed a cascade of bugs caused by, unearthed by, or otherwise related to the first fix.
- Version 0.5 (2023-08-05)
- Added menu item to reset scores
- Added keyboard shortcuts
- Improved organization of menu items
- Added ability to save/load matches
- Implemented support for multiple game windows
- Enabled undo/redo support (limited to board clearing and score resetting)
- Improved display of player names
- Version 0.4.1 (2023-08-02)
- Improved rendering/spacing of board elements
- Version 0.4 (2023-08-01)
- Winning sets are now highlighted
- User can now request a hint
- Bug fixes and minor usability improvements
- Version 0.3 (2023-07-31)
- Added ability to play by clicking spots directly
- Version 0.2 (2023-07-28
- Version 0.1 (2023-07-24)